MLS Laser Therapy
MLS stands for Multi-Wave Locked System. This type of laser treats pain, inflammation and arthritis. The various wavelengths have different effects: some effect inflammation and are long lasting, some are analgesic and are fast acting. The wavelengths combine and synchronize in a unique and proprietary way which makes them very effective.
Over 3,000 studies performed over the last three decades validate the efficacy of laser therapy. That is why it is currently being used by a variety of medical specialties, as well as professional sports teams, including the Dallas Cowboys and the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Here’s a brief description of how the laser works:
- The laser can penetrate 3-5 cm deep and generates no heat.
- There are no known harmful effects.
- The laser energy stimulates cells to remove toxins out of cells, and allow oxygen and food loads into the cells.
- They block the pain signals to the receptors in the brain, and release endorphins and encephalin.
- The laser light increases ATP production and cell growth.
- It brings blood flow to the area and increases new blood flow formation of the capillaries.
- The MLS Laser stimulates the mitochondria in cells to jump start the body’s own healing process.
- Like an antibiotic, each treatment is cumulative in its effectiveness, building off the previous treatments.
- The quantity of treatments varies based on the type and acuteness of the symptoms. Some patients experience relief before they leave the office, the maximum benefit will be experienced in 5-7 hours post treatment.
- Laser treatments usually take less than 10 minutes each and the patient feels nothing during treatment.
This treatment is preferred because it is
- An alternative to addictive pain medications
- An alternative to oral medications
- An effective alternative to surgery
- Effective in 85-90% of patients
It is most effective to treat the following:
- Acute tendonitis
- Achilles tendonitis
- Acute sprains & strains
- Heel & foot pain
- Acute sports injuries
- Occupational injuries
We are the only office in this area to offer this Cutting Edge class 4 laser, and we have some special limited treatment plans for as few as five sessions to offer our patients a chance to try the laser and see how effective it can be for you in a few short treatments.